Many in our community suffer from serious mental health issues that can cause them to suffer repeat admissions to the hospital or criminal justice systems. Our mission is to provide a stable environment built on safety, respect and trust that helps to keep our participants safe, break the cycle of disadvantage and enable a lifestyle of freedom. We are committed to fostering a diverse culture of respect and growth where differences are valued.
About the position
The Support Worker will provide support to people living with complex trauma, and psycho-social challenges at our residential sites. You will provide support aligned with participants individual support plans.
Working with external care teams and families, the role is responsible for providing high-quality, responsive, and person-centred support to assist participants enhance their everyday living skills, gain access and participation in community to achieve their goals, enhance their quality of life and physical and mental health.
- Support participants with their daily living tasks: Hygiene prompting, support with meal preparation an maintaining their living space.
- Supporting participants to attend appointments and other community access
- Use positive behaviour support to implement approved restrictive practices as per the NDIS guidelines
- Deliver support in accordance with individualised support plans to assist participants well being.
- Support participants to make decisions for themselves within their assessed capacity
- Using your creativity to think outside of the box when dealing with complex situations
- Qualification in disability, mental health, or related field (desirable).
- Experience working with the criminal justice system and or mental health system is highly regarded.
- Ability to empower lives through Trauma Informed Practice
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to a changing environment
- Understanding and commitment to the Disability Service Standards and NDIS guidelines
- Have an understanding of the challenges people with complex mental health and people from marginalised communities face
- Experience in supporting people deemed as having significant complexity in their lives.
- Must be Proactive and a team player