Are you an experienced Mental Health Worker with strong experience in complex behavioural support?
We are dedicated to facilitating a space for our participants to call home in our Vertical Villages, and to create a thriving community. We offer independent living opportunities that provide tailored apartment accommodation and 24-hour support models that empower people to live their lifestyle of choice.
About the Position
The Mental Health/Behaviour Support Worker will provide support with people living with complex trauma, and psycho-social challenges and needs aligned with their individual program plan.
Working with external care teams and families, the role is responsible for providing high-quality, responsive, and person-centred support to assist participants enhance their everyday living skills, gain access and participation in community to achieve their goals, enhance their quality of life and physical and mental health.
1. Provide support with daily living skills and community activities to meet individual needs of our participants which may include but not limited to housekeeping, personal hygiene, administering medication and transportation to appointments and community activities.
2. Keep up to date with participants needs and care plans, including changes to participants care needs.
3. Facilitate community inclusion and participation, dependent on individual needs, abilities and preferences, and support participants to establish and maintain relationships and interests through access to community activities and services.
4.Work with the participant’s clinical team, attend training and regular updates to ensure all treatment plans are met and implemented to a high standard of care.
You will thrive and succeed in our team by bringing the following experience to this position:
- Qualification in disability, mental health, or related field (desirable)
- 2 years’ experience working with people with complex mental illness providing behavourial support
- Demonstrated experience supporting participants with high needs.
- A clear understanding of professional boundaries and restrictive practices
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to write clear case notes.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate as part of a diverse team and work autonomously.
Your application for this position will require you to have:
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Australian Driver’s License and comprehensive car insurance